Whether you’ve been good or bad, starting Dec. 24, you can follow the big guy’s journey around the globe with the simple push of a button – and for each Santa location request in the United States, a donation will be made to the American Red Cross.
Chevrolet and OnStar, in partnership with the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), will provide callers with real-time, location-based updates along with an important reminder: Santa won’t visit your home until you’re fast asleep.
“The holiday season is all about spreading cheer, serving the community and connecting others, and OnStar is a key enabler for that,” said Lois McEntyre, OnStar’s director of Contact Centers Operations. “We receive thousands of Santa Update calls and OnStar advisors love helping callers experience the joys of Christmas.”
In the spirit of the season, OnStar will also donate $1 to the American Red Cross for each Santa Update button push received.
- Santa Update calls can be made anytime between 6 a.m. ET on Dec. 24 through 6 a.m. ET on Dec 25.
- Chevrolet owners with an active OnStar subscription can press the blue OnStar button to request a Santa Update and learn Santa’s current location.
- OnStar advisors leverage data provided by NORAD to share specific location-based updates on Santa Claus’ annual journey.
- Eligible individuals without an OnStar subscription can push the blue button to activate a free trial of select OnStar services by asking for “Three Years on Us.” New subscribers also receive a three-month trial of all OnStar services at no cost.
- OnStar is dedicated to the safety and security of its subscribers. Advisor staffing will be adjusted to support the increased call volume from Santa Update requests.