Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
On June 27, 2018 at 1846 hours, Trooper Hussey #6913 was on patrol and stopped a grey Dodge Durango for a safety equipment violation on Post Office Road at Route 5, Waldorf, Charles County, Maryland.
A check of the Maryland registration revealed the tags were reported stolen to the Charles County Sheriff’s Office on June 14, 2018. The driver, Dale Richard Smoot, 50 yoa, from Pomfret, Maryland was arrested and taken to the La Plata Barrack. Smoot was Charged with the following:
- CR 7-104(g)-CJIS Code-1-0521-Theft less than $100
- TA-13-409(b) Failure to display registration card upon demand by police officer
- TA-16-101(a1) Driving to drive motor vehicle on highway without required license and authorization
- TA-17-107(a1) Knowingly driving uninsured vehicle
- TA-13-401(b1) Operating unregistered motor vehicle
All events occurred in Charles County, Maryland. 18-MSP-027229
All persons charged with a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. News releases are a service of the Maryland State Police