By Justin Gordon · email@example.com St. Mary’s City, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s tennis team dropped their last match of the fall season on Sunday afternoon. St. Mary’s (0-3) suffered an 8-1 setback to the Stevenson University Mustangs (1-1).
St. Mary’s 1, Stevenson 8
How It Happened
- Stevenson swept all three doubles to stake a 3-0 lead heading into singles action.
- The Mustangs went on to build a 6-0 lead before junior captain Claire Bodine (Smithsburg, Md./Smithsburg) came away with St. Mary’s lone point at No. 1 singles. Bodine beat Jenna Skove, 6-4, 6-4 for her second straight win.
- First-year Marianne Hershey (Keedysville, Md./North Hagerstown) was in the No. 2 slot for the Seahawks, winning six games but ultimately losing 1-6, 5-7 to Kirstyn Davidson.
- Sophomore Alden Grosh (Hagerstown, Md./Smithsburg) battled at No. 3 singles, taking eight games from Megan Waskiewicz before falling 5-7, 3-6.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Feb. 23 vs. Roanoke – Somerset Tennis Complex – TBA
By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org