By Nairem Moran ·firstname.lastname@example.org
Richmond, Va. –SophomoreBrenna Litynski(Hollywood, Md./Home-schooled) set a meet record in the 50 freestyle Friday night at the Yellow Jacket Invitational hosted by Randolph-Macon College at the Collegiate School Aquatics Center. The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s swim team currently sit fifth in the team standings with 318 points ahead of former Capital Athletic Conference foe, Marymount (Va.) University (166 pts.), and just behind Barton College (369 pts.).
St. Mary’s 5th/8 – 318 points
How It Happened
- Litynskicaptured the 50 freestyle with a meet record of 24.32, breaking the old mark of 24.48 clocked last year byClaire Featherstoneof Division II Catawba College.
- Litynskithen anchored the winning 400 medley relay to cap off the first day of action. Joining her on the winning relay, which put up a 4:04.98, were first-yearRileigh Krell(Baltimore, Md./Sparrows Point), senior captainHailley Baughman(Lineboro, Md./Manchester Valley), and juniorHolly Smith(Calne, England/Skyline [Wash.]).
- The foursome ofLitynski, first-yearLeila McCloskey(Leonardtown, Md./Leonardtown), senior captainSamantha Schoenecker(Dallas, Texas/Woodrow Wilson), and juniorCarolyn Sutton(Laurel, Md./Laurel) grabbed a third-place finish in the 200 freestyle relay with a time of 1:40.49.
- Suttonalso notched a fourth-place finish in the 50 freestyle in 24.93.
- SophomoreAnna LaPoint(Fairport, N.Y./Fairport) was the other Seahawk with a podium finish, asLaPointtook sixth in the 500 freestyle in 5:20.31.