News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
LYNCHBURG, Va. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s lacrosse (5-3) won in convincing fashion over Randolph College on Wednesday (Mar. 13) afternoon, defeating the Wildcats 17-3.
How It Happened
- St. Mary’s pulled out to a quick 3-0 advantage by the 8:57 mark of the first quarter with scores fromErich Wuesthoff,Abe Hubbard, andJude Brown. Randolph answered with a goal of their own, but the Seahawks tacked on three additional scores to end the first stanza.BrownandWuesthofftallied their second scores of the day during the three goal spurt, whileDominic Venanziadded his first.
- The second quarter witnessed the fewest goals scored with three, and the Seahawks managed to record all three.Max GroenandWuesthoffscored off of feeds fromBrown. Next,Groenscored his second goal of the quarter off a well-placed pass fromRay LaPlaca.
- In the third quarter, the Seahawks outscored the Wildcats 4-2.Venanzi,Hubbard(2), andBrownbeat the opposing goalkeeper for scores. Finally, the Seahawks capped off their dominant victory with four scores in the final stanza of action.Nick Nwadike,Jack Conway, andTerner Whiteheadfound the back of the net for the first time this season in fourth, whileJaylen DeCarlodished out his first assist of the year.
Inside the Box Score
- Brownled the Seahawks on the offensive end with six points off of three goals and three assists.Wuesthoff(3g),Hubbard(3g), andGroen(2g, 1a) followed with three points each.
- Michael BucciandAnthony Sparacinoled the Seahawks with four ground balls each, whileBrownandRoss Snodderlyled the team with two caused turnover a piece. In goal,Snodderlycollected three saves andKyrle Preisgathered two saves.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Mar. 16 vs. Washington College – 2:00 p.m. – Jamie L. Roberts Stadium