By: David Higgins II
Waldorf, MD- On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. the 9-1-1 Center was alerted to a fir on Saltbrush Court in Waldorf, MD. The Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department arrived with six personal. Upon arrival the fire was determined to be extinguished.
The Office of the State Fire Marshal arrived to investigate.
The accidental fire in the attached garage of the home was due to an electrical failure of an extension cord. The garage was not protected by a sprinkler system. The fire burned through an interior wall into a small bathroom which was protected by a sprinkler system. The sprinkler in the bathroom activated and extinguished the fire.
The Fire Marshal estimated the damage to be $75,000.00 in structural damage and a loss of contents at $25, 000.00.
There were no injuries to report and the family was not displaced.