News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
YORK, Pa – St. Mary’s College of Maryland baseball (5-17-1, 0-12 CAC) fell in game three 13-4 on Sunday (Apr. 7) afternoon and was swept by the York College Spartans (16-5, 9-2 CAC) in Capital Athletic Conference action.
How It Happened
- The first six innings of play were dominated by the Spartans as York pulled out to a 13-0 lead. The Seahawks started to swing the bats in final three innings of action, tacking on four runs to end the game.Bowen Plaggerecorded the Seahawks first run with a solo home run in the seventh inning. The home run wasPlagge’ssixth of the season, which leads the team.
- St. Mary’s College added their final three runs in the ninth inning.Joey Brynercrossed the plate on wild pitch, beforeSam Jamesreached based on an error that scored Plagge. Next,Connor Courseyroped a RBI single to center field.
Inside the Box Score
- Plaggeled the Seahawks from the plate with one hit, two runs, one RBI, and one walk.
- Dan McCannstarted the game on the mound and was charged with the loss.McCannthrew three innings, allowing six earned runs and striking out three batters.Griffin Honse,Sam Roeder, andNick Testonipitched in relief.Testonithrew two scoreless innings and allowed just one hit.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 11 at Wesley – 3:30 p.m. | Bob Reed Field