News Release, Charles County Public Schools
Several Charles County public elementary schools are hosting events in April and May to welcome new students and families joining them for the 2019-20 school year as a result of redistricting. With the implementation of the systemwide elementary school redistricting in September, some elementary schools are losing students while others are gaining new members of their school communities.
The following is a list of events by school for new students and their families. The events are for students and families affected by redistricting. Schools will hold student orientation and open house events in August for all students prior to the start of the 2019-20 school year.
· C. Paul Barnhart Elementary School – Wednesday, May 29, 6 to 7 p.m., meet and greet for new students
· Berry Elementary School – Thursday, May 2, 6 to 7 p.m., new to Berry open house
· Billingsley Elementary School – Saturday, May 18, 1 to 2:30 p.m., meet and greet for new students
· Dr. James Craik Elementary School – Wednesday, May 22, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., open house for students new to Craik
· William A. Diggs Elementary School – Wednesday, May 29, 6 to 7:30 p.m., meet and greet for new students
· Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer Elementary School – Thursday, May 23, 6:15 to 7:45 p.m., Barnhart students new to Jenifer open house
· Mary H. Matula Elementary School – Friday, April 26, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Dolphin Dance, Walter J. Mitchell Elementary School families new to Matula invited to attend
· Arthur Middleton Elementary School – Wednesday, May 22, 6 to 7 p.m., New to Middleton open house
· Dr. Samuel A. Mudd Elementary School – Monday, May 13, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Title I Transition Night, students new to school, all grade levels invited
· Mary B. Neal Elementary School – Tuesday, May 21, 6 to 6:30 p.m. Open House for transferring students, parents invited to attend the 6:30 p.m. Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) meeting following the open house
· Eva Turner Elementary School – Tuesday, May 21, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Families new to Turner will tour the Transition School located at 3155 John Hanson Drive in Waldorf. Turner students will attend classes at the Transition School for two years while the current building undergoes an extensive renovation.
Questions should be directed to the particular school hosting the event.