News Release, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s lacrosse (10-7, 3-3 CAC) fell to the visiting No. 3 Salisbury University Sea Gulls (16-1, 5-1 CAC) 18-6 on Wednesday (Apr. 24) afternoon in Capital Athletic Conference action. The Seahawks have officially secured the fourth seed in the Capital Athletic Conference Tournament and will host the fifth seeded Frostburg St. Bobcats on Saturday (Apr. 27) at 3:30 p.m.
How It Happened
- The Seahawks and Sea Gulls exchanged scores in the first two minutes of action to start the game tied 1-1.Erich Wuesthoffdodged to the cage and finished unassisted for the Seahawks first goal. Next, Salisbury put together a four goal scoring burst and pulled out to a 5-1 lead. St. Mary’s College finished the opening quarter strong with a goal fromJude Brownat the 1:55 mark.
- Trailing 5-2 to start the second quarter, the Seahawks were outscored 3-0 in the second stanza and trailed 8-2 at halftime. The third quarter was also controlled by Salisbury as they built their lead to 14-3 heading into the final stanza of regulation. St. Mary’s College continued to play tough throughout the fourth quarter and managed the find the back of the net three times.Abe Hubbard,Ray LaPlaca, andJack Conwayall tallied goals in the fourth quarter.
Inside the Box Score
- Brownled the Seahawks on the offensive end with three points off of one goal and two assists.Wuesthofffollowed with two goals on the afternoon.
- Defensively,Alex PfaffandBenjamin Stevensled the Seahawks with two caused turnovers each. In addition,Brownled St. Mary’s College with four ground balls. In goal,Ross Snodderlyrecorded 14 saves, whileKyrle Preiscollected two andAlex Scholtztallied one.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 27 vs. Frostburg St. – 3:30 p.m. | Capital Athletic Conference First Round | Jamie L. Roberts Stadium