Hollidge Sails to RUSH Checkers
By Doug Watson
Budds Creek, MD- Defending track champion Tyler Emory roared to his first win of the season in last Friday nights 25-lap Limited Late Model headliner at Potomac Speedway. The win for Emory, steering his Adams/Quade owned Rocket no.23, would be the 9th of his career and his first Potomac score since August of last season.
Emory drew the pole for the feature and pounced on his opportunity as he would pace all 25-circuits in convincing fashion. “This year has been a struggle and to finally get everyone on this team a win here tonight is pretty cool,” Emory stated in victory lane. “I’d like to dedicate this win to my mother, she’s battling some health issues and I’m really happy to get a win with her here tonight.” Current point leader Derick Quade rallied from the rear of the field to finish second with Jonny Oliver, Brandon Long and Billy Tucker completing the top-five.
Dale Hollidge scored a flag to flag win in the companion 25-lap RUSH Crate Late Model main. Hollidge blasted from the pole to lead the distance for his 3rd win of the season aboard his Rocket no.0. “This is such a tough class and wins are hard to come by.” Said Hollidge in his victory lane interview.
“We’ve been testing some stuff with this car and it ran pretty well tonight.”
Standings leader Darren Alvey took second with Ben Bowie, Jeremy Pilkerton and Megan Mann trailing at the finish. A scary moment took place on the 3rd lap of the event as Austin Bussler made contact with another car on the front stretch sending his Swartz no.2 into a series of violent flips before coming to rest in turn one. The car was destroyed, but fortunately, Bussler emerged from the carnage unhurt.
In support class action, Ed Pope Jr. tallied his season 4th and career 18th in the 16-lap Street Stock feature, Greg Morgan scored his 3rd of the season and career 9th in the 15-lap Hobby Stock event, Greg Mattingly took 2nd in a row and 3rd of the season in the 15-lap Strictly Stock feature with Allen Griffith Jr. scoring his 3rd U-Car win after apparent winner Cody Stamp failed a post-race inspection.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Tyler Emory 2. Derick Quade 3. Jonny Oliver 4. Brandon Long 5. Billy Tucker 6. Sam Archer 7. Scott Wilson 8. Todd Plummer 9. Kerry King 10. Austin Stover 11. Dale Murphy
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Dale Hollidge 2. Darren Alvey 3. Ben Bowie 4. Jeremy Pilkerton 5. Megan Mann 6. Mike Raleigh 7. Austin Bussler 8. Chuck Bowie 9. Matt Quade
Street Stock feature finish
1. Ed Pope Jr. 2. PJ Hatcher 3. Marty Hanbury 4. Brad Seibert 5. Ben Pirner
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Greg Morgan 2. Kyle Nelson 3. Hilton Pickeral 4. Stevie Gingery 5. Colin Long 6. Wyatt Hanson 7. Mikey Latham 8. Ray Bucci 9. Erik Hanson 10. Jonathan Knott 11. Seth Jones DQ-Buddy Dunagan
Strictly Stock feature finish
1. Greg Mattingly 2. John Hardesty 3. Ed Pope Sr. 4. JJ Silvious 5. Daniel Knodle 6. Roger Rothen 7. Dale Simpson
U-Car feature finish
1. Allen Griffith Jr. 2. Justin Knight 3. Tim Steele 4. Russell Fox 5. Steph Homberg 6. Owen Lacey 7.Joey Suite 8. Brad Sayler 9. Stephen Suite 10. Mackenzie Smith 11. Ryan Quade 12. Cody Stamp(DQ)