Chuck Bowie Collects Season First in RUSH Crates
By Doug Watson
Budds Creek, Md- Defending track champion Tyler Emory roared to his second win of the season in last Friday nights 20-lap Limited Late Model headliner at Potomac Speedway.
The win for Emory, aboard his Adams/Quade, owned Rocket no.23, was his second victory in the last three events and it would be his 10th career division feature win.
Jonny Oliver burst from his second starting spot to grab the lead as the field scattered off turn two with Tyler Emory in tow. Emory found the bottom of the speedway the place to be as he overhauled Oliver on the 4th lap to become the new leader. Emory would go on to lead the distance, however, he would have to repel the late-race charge from 7th starting and current class point leader Derick Quade to preserve the win.
“When I saw Derick show up in second on the scoreboard, I was a little nervous,” Emory stated from victory lane. “It’s really been a rough season for us but this team never gives up and the wins are starting to come.”
Brandon Long would take third with Scotty Nelson and Jonny Oliver completing the top-five.
Chuck Bowie scored a flag to flag win in the companion 20-lap RUSH Crate Late Model main. The defending division champion started on the pole and would lead all 20-circuits as he would set a new track record of 5 minutes and 38 seconds in the non-stop event. “I have to thank Shawn Corbin my car owner and all the sponsors, it’s been a rough season, but we finally got one.” Bowie quipped post-race.
“Most nights it’s just me and my wife Rosie, she does so much, I don’t know what I’d do without her.” Dale Hollidge, Mike Raleigh, Jeremy Pilkerton, and Ben Bowie trailed at the finish.
In support class action, defending track champion Ed Pope Jr. rolled to his 3rd in a row and 6th of the season in the 16-lap Street Stock feature, Colin Long collected his 2nd win of 2019 in the 15-lap Hobby Stock feature, Rookie Justin Knight romped to his 3rd U-Car win and Nabil Guffey tallied his 3rd of the season in the 15-lap Strictly Stock contest.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Tyler Emory 2. Derick Quade 3. Brandon Long 4. Scotty Nelson 5. Jonny Oliver 6. Richard Culver 7. Sam Archer 8. Billy Tucker
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Chuck Bowie 2. Dale Hollidge 3. Mike Raleigh 4. Jeremy Pilkerton 5. Ben Bowie 6. Darren Alvey 7. Megan Mann
Street Stock feature finish
1. Ed Pope Jr. 2. Marty Hanbury 3. Deuce Wright 4. Ben Birner 5. Josh Stevens
Hobby Stock feature finish
1. Colin Long 2. Mikey Latham 3. Buddy Dunagan 4. Kyle Nelson 5. Erik Hanson 6. Hilton Pickeral 7. Wyatt Hanson 8. Greg Morgan
Strictly Stock feature finish
1. Nabil Guffey 2. Ed Pope Sr. 3. JJ Silvious 4. Jeff Bloch 5. Johnny Hardesty 6. John Hardesty 7. Dale Simpson 8. Danny Kitts 9. Daniel Knodle
U-Car feature finish
1. Justin Knight 2. Stephen Suite 3. Mackenzie Smith 4. Dominic King 5. Stephanie Homberg 6. Tim Steele 7. Ryan Quade 8. Derick Quade Jr. 9. Joey Suite 10. Owen Lacey 11. Kyle Randall 12. Ashley Stansell 13. Cody Stamp
All images courtesy Larry Burnett