ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s soccer team (4-0) remained undefeated with a sound 2-0 victory over the visiting Kean University Cougars (3-2) on Sunday (Sept. 8) afternoon in the Seahawk Classic.
How It Happened
- The Seahawks tallied the first score of the game in the eighth minute when Josh McRobie placed a perfect pass to Khalid Balogun. Balogun did the rest by burying his shot into the back of the net for his seventh goal of the season. The remainder of the first half remained competitive with Kean outshooting St. Mary’s College 8-5.
- The intensity rose in the second half and the game became physical with a total of 25 fouls. One of the Kean fouls resulted in a free-kick that turned into a goal from Isaac Ekobo. The junior forward fired a shot off the free-kick that ricocheted off of the crossbar and into the goal in the 67th minute.
- With 22 minutes remaining in regulation, Anoi Hindle was charged with his second yellow card of the game and was ejected from the contest. St. Mary’s College played a man down for the remainder of the match and managed to hold the Cougars scoreless for the victory.
Inside the Box Score
- BalogunandEkoboled the Seahawks with one goal each, respectively. Additionally,McRobieadded one assist on the afternoon. In goal,Patrick Paoliniearned his fourth win of the season and collected three saves.
- As a team, the Seahawks were edged by the Cougars in shots (15-9) and drew even with Kean in corner kicks (3-3).
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Sept. 14 vs. Stevenson | 4 p.m. | Jamie L. Roberts Stadium
Facebook:StMarysAthletics|Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmmsoccer
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_MSOCCER |Hashtags:#SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks