ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College women’s soccer (3-13, 1-7 CAC) fell this evening (Oct. 23) to York College (7-10, 4-4 CAC) by a final score of 1-0.
St. Mary’s College – 0, York – 1
How it Happened
- The Seahawks started off strong by holding the Spartans scoreless until the 28th minute of the game. York found the back of the net off of a scramble in front of the cage after hitting the post in an initial shot off of a corner kick.
- Emma Schroeder tallied three shots this evening with one being on the cage. In the second half, Schroeder broke away from her defender, used her speed to close in on cage but unfortunately, her shot hit the post resulting in a York save.
- Seahawk defense faced ten total corner kicks this evening and none of them resulted in York goals. Kaitlyn Steigner played a large role in turning away the Spartans on their late corner kicks by utilizing her height to break up crosses. First-year goalkeeper Audra Haines totaled eight saves this evening which brings her season total to 84 saves.
Inside the Box Score
- In addition toSchroeder’sthree shots this evening,Steigner,Erin Moran,Megan Mosesman, andMaddie Schwarzgot off one shot apiece.Schroeder’sshot total now sits at 12 which is right behind the team’s top shooter,Megan Tazza.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 26 vs. Mary Washington | 4:30 P.M. | Jamie L. Roberts Stadium
Facebook:StMarysAthletics|Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmwsoccer
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_WSOCCER | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks