By: David M.Higgins II

UPDATE November 12, 2019: The Office of the State Fire Marshal has released it’s preliminary finding of the fire at the Gallant Green Bar on Woodville Road that happened on Friday, November 8, 2019.

The preliminary cause is listed as an accidental; with the area of origin being a malfunctioning furnace. The fire was discovered by the owner and a passer-by. Approximately forty firefighters responded to the blaze.

The damage is listed at $5,000.00 to the structure and $5,000.00 to contents. There were no injuries or deaths reported with this incident.


Waldorf, MD( November 8, 2019, 8:55 p.m.)Charles County Fire personnel are responding to a fire at the Gallant Green Bar on Woodville Road.

It is reported that heavy fire is showing through a second-story window, and an employee says all people are out of the building. The owner has confirmed that no one was upstairs.

Roads are closed in all directions on Gallant Green and Woodville

Watch for emergency vehicles, personnel and expect delays in the areas. The Fire Marshal has been requested along with CSX notified due to railroad tracks next to the building.

This is a developing story.

David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...