Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s basketball (0-2, 0-0 CAC) fell this evening to Drew University (1-1, 0-0 Landmark). This was the Seahawks’ second game of the weekend at the One Love Seahawk Invitational for both St. Mary’s College and Drew.
St. Mary’s College – 52, Drew – 88
How it Happened
- The Seahawks started the game strong holding a lead on the Rangers for the first four minutes of play. Drew then went on a ten-point run bringing the score to 22-9. The final minutes of the first quarter St. Mary’s College held Drew to only four points.
- The first few minutes of the second quarter were back and forth with each team scoring after the other. Drew failed to score more than four points without St. Mary’s College adding their own points to the scoreboard.
- Hallie PersellandGina Seifertmade crucial rebounds in the third quarter to keep the score close. The Rangers and Seahawks couldn’t finish a shot for three minutes in the fourth quarter showing some impressive defensive prowess. The score was 88-52 at the final buzzer making Drew victorious.
Inside the Box Score
- Drew led St. Mary’s College in free throw percentage by only 1.1% compared to the Rangers 73.3% and the Seahawks with 72.2%.Persellhad the highest field-goal percentage of the evening with 50%.
- Seiferttallied three steals this evening, whilePersell,Caitlin Mays,Cameron Mangold,Kelli Jenkins, andStephanie Howellhad one apiece.
One Love Seahawk Invitational All-Tournament Team
- Widener – #22 Devin Rimmer
- Mary Washington – #50 Tory Martin
- Drew – #25 Gwen Alberci
- St. Mary’s – #44Hallie Persell
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Nov. 15 at Guilford College | 5:30 P.M. | Ragan – Brown Field House
Facebook:StMarysAthletics|Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_wbb
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_WBB | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks