CHESTERFIELD, Va. – Senior Peter Orban set a new program record on Sunday (Nov. 24) at the Randolph-Macon Invitational to highlight the final day of competition. Orban swam a time of 1:55.01 in the 200 Yard Backstroke for a second-place finish in his record-setting performance. As a team, the Seahawks finished seventh of 12 teams with a total of 598.5 points.
St. Mary’s College – 7th of 12 (598.5 pts)
How It Happened
- The Seahawks started day two of competition with an eighth-place finish from Sebastian Ludwig in the 1650 Yard Freestyle. Ludwig swam a time of 17:31.58 in the event.
- As mentioned, Orban set a new school record in the 200 Yard Backstroke with a time of 1:55.01, good for a second-place finish. It was the second consecutive day Orban broke a school-record as he snapped the 100 Yard Backstroke program record yesterday with a time of 52.73.
- Nate Donoghue notched a top-ten finish in the 100 Yard freestyle with a time of 49.39, good for tenth place.
- Andrew March swam a time of 2:19.31 in the 200 Yard Breaststroke for a tenth place finish.
- In event 34, Ryan Akhavan tallied a fourth-place finish with a time of 2:00.45 in the 200 Yard Butterfly.
- The Seahawks concluded the meet with a fifth-place finish in the 400 Yard Freestyle Relay. The team of Orban, Lucas Wheal, Jack Kennedy, and Donoghue swam a time of 3:18.52.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Dec. 7 at Catholic | 1:00 p.m. | DeFour Center
Facebook:StMarysAthletics|Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmswimming
Twitter: @smcseahawks | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks