Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28, 2019 and Friday, Nov. 29, 2019, in observance of Thanksgiving. In addition:
- County senior centers will be closed and Meals on Wheels will not be delivered either day. However, participants will be provided shelf-stable meals in advance.
- There will be no county bus service Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29. Regular service will resume on Saturday, Nov. 30.
- Calvert Library locations will close Wednesday, Nov. 27 at 5 p.m. for the holiday and will reopen Saturday, Nov. 30 with normal hours of operation. Online services and electronic checkouts will be available.
- All community centers will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29.
- All recreation parks including Dunkirk, Hallowing Point, and Cove Point parks will be open with normal hours.
- The Appeal Solid Waste Facility, including the landfill and transfer station, and all county customer convenience centers will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28. Normal operating hours resume Friday, Nov. 29.
- The Water & Sewerage billing and customer service office and the Solomons Septage Receiving Facility will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29. On-call crews will be available for water and sewer service emergencies only at 410-535-3491.
- Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open Thanksgiving Day until 3 p.m. Carts must be returned by 2:30 p.m.
- The Calvert Marine Museum will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 28. The museum will reopen Friday, Nov. 29, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Museum Store will also be open from 10:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- The Solomons Visitor Center, located in the Calvert Marine Museum, will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29. Winter hours are Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Sundays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Flag Ponds Nature Park will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and will reopen Friday, Nov. 29 at 9 a.m.
- Kings Landing Park will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29.
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be closed and remain closed through spring while undergoing renovations to the nature center.
- Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and will resume normal hours Friday, Nov. 29.
- Breezy Point Beach & Campground is closed for the season.
- The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and Animal Control Division will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29
- Charles County Government offices and the Tri-County Animal Shelter will close at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27 to allow county employees time off to spend with loved ones.
- All Charles County public schools and administrative offices are closed Nov. 27-29 for the Thanksgiving holiday. Schools and offices reopen Monday, Dec. 2.
St. Mary’s County:
- The Metropolitan Commission Administrative Offices will be closed Thursday, November 28 and Friday, November 29, 2019, for the Thanksgiving holiday. All offices will reopen for normal business hours on Monday, December 2, 2019.MetCom staff will remain available to address emergency calls 24/7. If you have a water or sewer related emergency, please contact us at 301.373.5305.
All St. Mary’s County Government administrative offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.County Government offices will reopen Monday, Dec. 2.
- The St. Andrews Landfill, six (6) Convenience Centers, and St. Mary’s Transit System (STS) will be closed for Thanksgiving Thursday, Nov. 28, 2019. However, the Landfill, Convenience Centers, and STS will be open for normal business hours the day before Wednesday, Nov. 27, and the day after Friday, Nov. 29.
- The SSTAP will not operate Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29, it will resume regular operating hours Monday, Dec. 2, 2019.
- All St. Mary’s County Public Library locations (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown, and Lexington Park) will close at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27, and remain closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 28, and 29. All library locations will reopen Saturday, Nov. 30, for regular business hours. The Lexington Park library will be open from 1 – 5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 1.
- All Senior Activity Centers (Garvey, Loffler, and Northern) will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29, and there will be no Home-Delivered Meals deliveries. The centers will reopen for normal operations Monday, Dec. 2.
- The St. Clement’s Island Museum and Piney Point Lighthouse Museum and Historic Park will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28. The museums will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 29, 30 and Dec. 1, from noon – 4 p.m.