Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
ARLINGTON, Va. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s basketball team (2-4) traveled to Marymount University to take on the Saints (4-2) in non-conference action on Tuesday (Nov. 26) night. The Seahawks dropped the contest 75-50.
St. Mary’s College – 50, Marymount – 75
How It Happened
- The Saints captured the lead to start the contest and never gave it up for the remainder of the game. Marymount strung together a 12-point run with 1:33 remaining in the half to take a 24-point lead.Miles GilletteandGary Grantnotched four points each in the opening half, but the Seahawks failed to put together a sizable scoring run and headed into the locker rooms trailing 40-17.
- The second half of play was much more competitive as the Saints edged the Seahawks 35-33. St. Mary’s College recorded eight consecutive points with 5:13 left in the second half, bringing the score to 67-46.Gillette,Justin Milstead,Grant, andTryllian Youngrecorded buckets during the run. However, the Saint lead was too much to overcome for the Seahawks.
Inside the Box Score
- Gillette led the Seahawks on the offensive end with 16 points. Milstead followed with nine and Grant finished with eight points, respectively. On the glass, Gillette and Grant collected a team-best five rebounds each. Defensively, Grant hustled for a team-high three steals and Jack Foley notched one block.
- As a team, the Seahawks tallied 22 points off of turnovers, 12-second chance points, and 28 points in the paint.
- Steve Etienne led the Saints with 18 points.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Dec. 4 vs. Hampden-Sydney | 7:00 p.m. | MPOBARC Arena
Facebook:StMarysAthletics|Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_mbb
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_MBB | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks