News Release, Calvert County Public Information Office
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – Dec. 20, 2019 – The Calvert County Department of Parks & Recreation 2020 fee schedule will go into effect Jan. 1, 2020. The fee schedule includes an increase to admission rates for out-of-county residents using Breezy Point Beach, adjustments to facility and program fees based on operating costs and additional charges for future programs.
Fees and revenue supplement public funds to cover the cost of operations and enable Parks & Recreation to improve and develop programs and services.
The fee schedule sets charges for a number of new programs and adjusted fees for facility use. New and upcoming programs include an annual pass, which offers Calvert County residents one-year access to county pools, Breezy Point Beach and Flag Ponds Nature Park as well as discounts on facility rentals, programs and events. Other upcoming programs include an adopt-a-park program, food truck program and special event permits.
Many fees will remain the same as the previous year. Additional changes include the following:
- New athletic field rental fees and fees for field setup and lining. Field rental fees do not apply to approved youth sports providers.
- The rental fee for Wisner Hall at Kings Landing Park is set at $500 per day; the rental fee for Kings Landing Park Pavilion is $125 per day.
- The cost of Therapeutic Recreation camps will increase to offset direct costs, such as buses.
- Breezy Point daily admission will increase for non-county residents and daily entry season passes will be offered to Calvert County residents only. Daily camping rates will increase by $5 per night and there will be a $20 per pump charge for septic pump out.
- Community center meeting room rental rates are set per 4-hour block. Small meeting rooms (50 people or fewer) are $20 or $10 for residents; medium rooms (51-100 people) are $50 or $25 for residents; large meeting rooms (101 people or more) are $100 or $50 for residents. An added fee for food and non-alcoholic drink allowance is set at $30 or $15 for residents.
Calvert County Parks & Recreation offers various forms of financial assistance. The department offers a standard 10% military discount on goods and services. Additionally, the department offers financial assistance through the Therman Gray Memorial Scholarship program for resident youth who wish to participate in Parks & Recreation programs or pursue a career in parks and recreation.
Individuals and organizations who are concerned about their financial ability to participate in programs and use parks and recreation facilities are encouraged to contact the Department of Parks & Recreation at 410-535-1600, ext. 2649 or at email@example.com.
The 2020 Calvert County Parks & Recreation fee schedule was adopted by the Board of County Commissioners on October 29, 2019. The fee schedule can be viewed in its entirety at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/ParksAndRecreation.