ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s basketball member Miles Gillette has been selected as the January Student-Athlete of the Month, the SMCM athletic department announced today (Feb. 12).
The Department of Athletics & Recreation executive team selects the Student-Athlete of the Month awardee each month.
Gillette led the Seahawks on the offensive end by averaging 20.4 points per game. The junior forward was also a force on the glass, averaging 8.4 rebounds per game, good for second on the team. The Washington, D.C. native hustled for a team-best 1.3 steals per game. Additionally, Gillette finished the month with 1.3 assists per game and 0.4 blocks per game. Gillette had his best game offensively in a loss against York when he recorded 32 points. The Seahawk men’s basketball team finished the month of January with a 4-4 record.
Gillette is currently third in the Capital Athletic Conference in points per game, averaging 16.4, and tied for fourth in rebounds per game with 7.4.
January Student-Athlete of the Month Honor Roll
- Women’s Basketball –Gina Seifert
- Men’s Swimming –Peter Orban
- Women’s Swimming –Brenna Litynski
2019-20 Student-Athletes of the Month
- September –Khalid Balogun, Men’s Soccer
- October –Josh McRobie, Men’s Soccer
- November –Leo Boucher, Sailing
- December –Gary Grant, Men’s Basketball
- January –Miles Gillette, Men’s Basketball