News Release, Calvert County Public Information Office
PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – March 30, 2020 –The Department of Parks & Recreation announces further limits to the use of county parks in response to Gov. Larry Hogan’s “Stay at Home” order to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Effective immediately until further notice, Calvert County parks are open to Calvert County residents for passive recreation only, such as walking, biking, running and hiking. The following parks will remain open with adjusted operational hours:
- Dunkirk District Park (8:30 a.m. to civil twilight)
- Hallowing Point Park (8:30 a.m. to civil twilight)
- Cove Point Park (8:30 a.m. to civil twilight)
- Solomons Town Center Park (8:30 a.m. to civil twilight)
- Kings Landing Park (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Flag Ponds Nature Park (Friday through Monday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Biscoe Gray Heritage Farm (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Hughes Memorial Tree Farm (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Residents are advised of the following temporary park guidance:
- All parks not listed above are closed.
- The following amenities are closed: tennis courts, skate parks, dog parks, basketball courts, ball fields, playgrounds, pavilions, beaches, piers, campgrounds, boat ramps/launches.
- Fishing is prohibited.
- Gathering of groups is limited to no more than 10 people.
- Capacity at each park will be adjusted to maintain social distancing.
- Patrons will not be allowed to wait at a park gate to gain entry once capacity is reached.
- Recreation activities such as walking, hiking, running or biking are permitted while adhering to 6-foot social distancing measures.
· Users will be restricted to a maximum of 2 hours at any park location and, where park staff is on-site, must provide the following information to park staff upon arrival: including name, county of residence, number of people in vehicle/party.
The county continues to share the latest updates surrounding Calvert County’s response to COVID-19 through a virtual resource center on its website, including any precautionary measures, guidance and closures at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Coronavirus. Updates will continue to appear on the Calvert County Government website, www.CalvertCountyMd.gov, Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CalvertCountyMd and Comcast Channel 6