By: David M. Higgins II, Publisher

St. Leonard, MD- Multiple volunteer fire departments responded to an overnight blaze in St. Leonard, MD yesterday. The St. Leonard Volunteer Fire Department was the primary responding with thirty-five personnel.

According to the fire marshal’s report,  The fire originated on the exterior of the home and extended into the structure.  Two occupants were in the dwelling at the time of the fire and escaped without injury.  Two vehicles parked adjacent to the structure were also destroyed.  The accidental fire was the result of an electrical failure.

The fire was under control in thirty minutes and caused $400,000($250,000 structure, $150,000 contents) in damage.

Image courtesy of the Mechanicsville Volunteer Fire Department

David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...