News Release, Alzheimer’s Association National Capital Area Chapter
[McLean, VA] July 10, 2020 – The Alzheimer’s Association National Capital Area Chapter is offering a free interactive three-part webinar series for people with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia. The first virtual segment of the series will be on Monday, July 13, followed by the second on Monday, July 20, and the third on Monday, July 27. Each segment will run from 1 – 2:30 p.m.
This series allows the audience to ask questions and hear from others who have been diagnosed. Topics covered will include:
- Understanding Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss
- Partnering with your medical team
- Effective communication and telling others about the diagnosis
- Coping with changes and making decisions
- Daily strategies and safety issues
- Opportunities for supporting research
- Resources for people with early-stage Alzheimer’s disease
Participation is free. Registration is required to receive the login information for the webinar. To register, call 800.272.3900 or visit the Chapter’s website at alz.org/nca.
In addition to its free education programs, the Alzheimer’s Association National Capital Area Chapter is offering both online and telephone support groups. To find a group that meets on a convenient day and time, visit the Chapter’s website or call the Association’s free 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
The Helpline is available around the clock, 365 days a year, with professional staff ready to provide reliable information and support for caregivers and families impacted by Alzheimer’s and all dementia.