ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s tennis team earned their second victory of the fall season this afternoon (Sept 21). The Seahawks walked away victorious with a final score of 6-3.
- Stephen Alam and Kier Nacua played in the No. 1 spot this afternoon and dropped a tight 8-7 (5) match to the Hornets. Sam Sheats competed alongside Tyler Vanvalkenburg in the No. 2 spot and cleared Shenandoah, 8-5.
- Finally, in the No. 3 spot, Keawe Shepherd-Johnson and Liam Pratt edged their opponents, 8-1.
- Shenandoah put up a good fight in singles by winning the No. 1 and No. 2 matches. Alam, playing in the No. 1 spot, fell to the Hornets, 6-0, 6-3. Nacua, playing at No. 2, fell to the Hornets, 6-2, 6-0.
- The Seahawks then went on a four-match win streak at the No. 3, No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6 spots beating the Hornets. At No. 3, Sheats beat out Shenandoah, 6-1, 6-1. Vanvalkenberg swept his opponent at No. 4 with 6-0 and 6-0. Shepherd-Johnson competed at the No. 5 spot and ended with a final score of 6-1 and 6-4.
- Pratt also swept his opponent at No. 6 with both sets ending with a score of 6-0.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct 1 – Oct 3 | ITA South/Southeast Regionals | 8:00 AM | University of Mary Washington