In February 2022, detectives from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division began an investigation into allegations of sexual abuse involving minors. During the investigation, several victims were identified, leading to the arrest of Brian Steven Spicuzza, age 46 of California.
Spicuzza was charged with the following:
- Rape Second Degree
- Attempted Rape (2 counts)
- Sex Abuse Minor (3 counts)
- Sex Offense Third Degree (3 counts)
- Sexual Solicitation of Minor (3 counts)
- Display Obscene Material to Minor
- Contribute to Condition of Child (3 counts)
Spicuzza remains incarcerated at the St. Mary’s County Detention and Rehabilitation Center on a no-bond status. The investigation is on-going.
Anyone with information on this investigation or any additional victims are asked to contact Detective James Bare at (301) 475-4200 extension 78118 or by email at James.Bare@stmarysmd.com.