On the morning of October 3, a General Smallwood Middle School student displayed signs of an overdose. The student was transported to a hospital for treatment and is currently in stable condition.

Another student later in the day began to feel ill and went home with his parents.

The initial investigation revealed that both students used vaping in the school’s bathroom. The vaping device has not yet been recovered, and it is unclear at this time what it contained.

The CCSO is asking parents and guardians to discuss the dangers of using vaping devices and ingesting unknown substances. Anyone with information about this incident or similar incidents is asked to contact the CCSO at 301-932-2222.

Those wishing to remain anonymous should contact Charles County Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS. Cpl. S. Cook is investigating.


David M. Higgins II, Publisher/Editor

David M. Higgins was born in Baltimore and grew up in Southern Maryland. He has had a passion for journalism since high school. After spending many years in the Hospitality Industry he began working in...

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply