Charles County Public Schools hosted its 2017 Middle School Archery Tournament on Dec. 1 at Milton M. Somers Middle School. More than 100 students from all eight Charles County public middle schools participated in the event. Participants were divided by grade level into boy and girl teams.
Overall boy and girl winners were chosen at each grade level. They are:
- Emily Shuff, sixth grade, Somers, 156 points;
- Teagen Bullock, sixth grade, Theodore G. Davis Middle School, 153 points;
- Mia Clark, seventh grade, Somers, 162 points;
- Brandon Paschal, seventh grade, Somers, 138 points;
- Lauryn Rice, eighth grade, Davis, 135 points; and
- Chet Bowling, eighth grade, Piccowaxen Middle School, 138 points.
Team winners also are chosen at each grade level. The following teams earned first, second or third place.
- Somers, first place, 252 points;
- Piccowaxen, second place, 173 points; and
- Davis, third place, 153 points.
- Somers, first place, 272 points;
- Davis, second place, 255 points; and
- Piccowaxen, third place, 248 points.
- Davis, first place, 207 points;
- Somers, second place, 182 points; and
- John Hanson Middle School, third place, 177 points.
- Piccowaxen, first place, 231 points;
- Somers, second place, 195 points; and
- Mattawoman Middle School, third place, 194 points.
- Piccowaxen, first place, 212 points;
- Davis, second place, 202 points; and
- Hanson, third place, 192 points.
- Somers, first place, 243 points;
- Piccowaxen, second place, 238 points; and
- Davis, third place, 214 points.
Charles County Public Schools has hosted an archery tournament for middle school students for the past 46 years.