Below is a copy of the Fire Marshal’s Report on the fire that happened at 6015 Chicamuxen Road, Indian Head, Charles County, MD. Images provided by Potomac Heights Volunteer Fire Department  and Rescue Squad Facebook Page


Date: 12/21/17

Time: 1:15 pm

Location / Address:  6015 Chicamuxen Road, Indian Head, Charles County, MD

Type of Incident: House fire

Description of Structure / Property: 2 story wood framed single family house

Injuries or Deaths: None

Estimated $ Loss: Structure: $300,000   Contents: $100,000

Smoke Alarm Status:  present and activated properly

Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Status: N/A

Arrests(s): N/A

Primary Responding Fire Department:

# of Alarms: 1    # Of Firefighters: 50

Time to Control: 1 hour

Discovered By: Passer by

Area of Origin: Laundry / utility room

Preliminary Cause: Accidental, electrical

Additional Information: An accidental fire occurred in the interior laundry room at the electrical panel. Two adults and one child were displaced as a result of the fire and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.