aviation-yacht-club-road-blaze

Support Local Journalism

Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!

Mechanicsville, MD: At approximately 2:51 a.m. 12/28/2017, a call was dispatched from 911 to 35777 Aviation Yacht Club Road for a house fire. The homeowners dog alerted the family to a fire in the living room. The Mechanicsville VFD responded with 50 firefighters and had the blaze under control in about 30 minutes. The Office of the State Fire Marshal estimates the loss of home and contents to be $180,000.00

The homeowners and family made it out safely, with one owner suffering a minor foot injury.  The cause of the blaze was determined to be a malfunctioning pellet stove. The American Red Cross is helping the family out at this time.

Images courtesy of The Office of the State Fire Marshal and the Mechanicsville Volunteer Fire Department