Mechanicsville, MD- On January 6, 2018 at approximaintly 3:38 a.m.; a 911 dispatch for a fire was sent to West Spice Drive in Mechanicsville, MD. Upon arrival the Mechanicsville VFD determined a detached garage was in flames.
A total of 35 firefighters spent 45 minutes getting the fire under control. The fire was discovered by a neighbor and there were no injuries or deaths
The State Fire Marshal has determined the fire was attributed to a malfunction with the wood burning stove inside the garage. The fire destroyed and / or damaged several vehicles there were stored in the garage and the neighboring house was damaged by heat. The damage of the structure was determined to be $50,000 and the contents $100,000.
Image courtesy of the State Fire Marshal