UPDATED as of 9:00 a.m.
Anne Arundel County:
AACPS OPERATIONS UPDATE 1/17/18: After re-evaluating conditions this morning, due to inclement weather, all Anne Arundel County Public Schools will be closed today. A Code Blue with liberal leave is in effect for employees. With the exception of Unit III personnel, 12-month employees who are unable to get to their work location because of travel, child care, or other hardships are encouraged to utilize annual leave and should notify their supervisor of their intent to do so. Unit III personnel must report as required.
After re-evaluating conditions, CCPS is closed on 1/17/18. Code Green for 12 month staff.
• All emergency personnel report as usual.
• All 12-month employees report on time.
• Liberal leave is in effect. Employees must notify their immediate supervisor.
• Schools closed for all students and 10- and 11-month employees.
• Child care is closed.
• Afternoon/Evening activities are canceled.
- Due to road conditions, all Charles County public schools will open two-hours late today, Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018. Staff will continue to monitor road conditions for any additional changes. There is a code two, which is a two-hour delay, for staff that follow the code system. All morning prekindergarten classes are canceled for today. Visit the school system website,www.ccboe.com, or call the 24-hour information line, 301-934-7410/301-932-6656, for the latest information.
Prince George’s County:
Code Blue –UPDATE: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 – Code Blue – Schools are closed. Central and Regional Offices will open two hours late. All 12-month personnel are expected to report.A Liberal Leave policywill be in effect for non-emergency personnel.Evening High School Classes and Spring Registration are also cancelled for tonight.
St. Mary’s County Government Operational Status for January 17
Leonardtown, MD – Light snowfall has been reported in some areas around the county. The National Weather Service is calling for less than one inch of total snowfall with falling temperatures through the day. Drivers are asked to be cautious as they take to the roadways.
The following delays and schedule changes will be in effect for Wednesday, January 17:
- All St. Mary’s County Administrative Offices will open on time.
- All St. Mary’s County Public Schools will operate on a two hour delay for students.
This includes full day Head Start. A.M. Pre-Kindergarten and A.M. Head Start
students will not have school. However, there will be classes for P.M. PreKindergarten
and P.M. Head Start students. Normal schedule for employees.
Non-Public School transportation will operate on a two hour delay.
- All Recreation and Parks programs operating in the Public Schools will operate on a
two hour delay.
- Recreation and Parks facilities will operate under a normal schedule.
- STS Transit will operate on a normal schedule.
- The six (6) Convenience Centers and St, Andrews Landfill will operate on a normal
- All three Senior Activity Centers (Garvey, Loffler and Northern) will operate on a normal schedule.
- All St. Mary’s County Library locations (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown & Lexington Park) will open on time and operate on a normal schedule.
- St. Mary’s County Circuit Courthouse will open on time.
- All College of Southern Maryland campuses will be open and operate on a normal schedule.
- NAS Pax River is operating on a 2-hour delayed arrival schedule. Personnel should arrive to work two hours later than their normal scheduled start time. Critical personnel must report to work as previously scheduled. Civil service employees designated as noncritical who choose to report to work will be granted admin leave for the hours before the set delayed arrival time. Civil service employees may take a combination of unscheduled leave, telework, and/or leave without pay for the entire day. Civil service employees choosing not to use a combination of unscheduled annual leave, telework, and/or LWOP for the entire workday should report two hours later than their regular arrival time