Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
Opinion written by The Arc of Maryland:
- Transitioning Youth (TY) Fully Funded – 789 Youth – $12,950,166.00
- Emergency Placements – 131 individuals – $8.8M
- Waiting List Crisis Resolution – 101 individuals – $3.8M
(Highest Category of Need on the Waiting List)
- Waiting List Equity Fund (Elderly Caregivers) – 36 individuals – $892,355
- Low Intensity Support Services (LISS) – 2,300 individuals – $5M
- DSS Aging Out Placements (for youth in foster care) – 60 youth – $1.6M
- Waiting List Initiative:
- Family/Individual Support Capped Waiver – 400 individuals – $2.4M ($12,000 per person)
- Community Support Capped Waiver – 400 individuals – $5M ($25,000 per person)
- Provider Wage Increase – 2% – $20.8M. This is less than the mandated 3.5% increase under law.
Legislative budget hearings on the DDA Budget will be held on March 1 and 2. For more information, contact Cristine Marchand, Executive Director, The Arc Maryland at email@example.com. More information will be provided on state budgets of interest to people with developmental disabilities and their families and what you can do.