E-ZPass Maryland Launches Mobile Website
Wherever You Go, Accessing Your Account Is Easier Than Ever
BALTIMORE, MD – The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) is making big changes to the E-ZPass Maryland customer service experience. For starters, the MDTA unveiled its new E-ZPass Maryland mobile website that provides customers with easier and more-convenient access to their accounts via ezpassmd.com. The new mobile website went live today.
“In support of Governor Hogan’s customer-service initiative, the MDTA is thrilled to provide our E-ZPass customers an easier way to access their account,” said MDTA Executive Director Kevin C. Reigrut. “In addition to the user-friendly mobile website, we have started selling E-ZPass “On the Go” transponders at Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration eStores and sending email alerts to E-ZPass customers when certain account-based activities occur.”
The mobile website allows customers to quickly and easily:
- Create a username and password to access account simply and securely
- Keep an account up-to-date
- Add new or temporary vehicles
- Replenish an account or update credit card information
- Update or add an email address and phone number
- Pay video tolls.
By bookmarking ezpassmd.com from their mobile devices, customers now have access to their accounts at their fingertips.
During the past year, the MDTA has implemented a number of changes geared towards providing our customers with better service:
- Increased the amount of time before referring customers to the Maryland Central Collection Unit, allowing customers more time to resolve their cases
- Empowered Service Providers with the ability to resolve problems and issues for customers
- Increased outreach to large employers
- Expanded the number of Weis Markets that sell E-ZPass “On the Go” transponders
- Redesigned the envelope for the Notice of Toll Due and Citations to make them more attention-grabbing, so that customers open them upon receipt.
Additionally, the MDTA plans to roll-out the following initiatives to communicate with E-ZPass Maryland customers more effectively:
- Redesign and simplify the Notice of Toll Due
- Proactively contact individual customers directly when tolls and penalties exceed a certain threshold
- Implement a video tolling Customer Service Center helpline
- Connect video toll transactions and license plate numbers with current E-ZPassaccounts using driver’s license numbers, so unpaid tolls do not escalate to citations
- Conduct periodic research to better understand our customer’s needs
- Create a Customer Bill of Rights that provides a clear understanding of how they should expect to be treated as a MDTA customer
- Establish a tiered civil-penalty process that realigns charges to associated costs
- Implement a video tolling education campaign that includes educational videos, mailing inserts, brochures/flyers, electronic message boards, news releases and road signage.
And there’s never been a better time to be an E-ZPass Maryland customer!
- NO $1.50 E-ZPass monthly account maintenance fee for customers with Maryland addresses or out-of-state addresses with three or more trips through Maryland toll facilities during the previous statement period
- E-ZPass Maryland customers save 25 percent or more off the two-axle cash rate at most Maryland toll facilities
- E-ZPass Maryland customers pay lower tolls than the Video Tolling option on the Intercounty Connector (ICC/MD 200) and I-95 Express Toll Lanes (ETL). Maryland Video Toll Rates are 1.5 times the base toll rates, with a minimum of $1 and a maximum of $15 above base rates
- Automatic credit card replenishment is available
- Discount plans are available for commuters (excluding the ICC/MD 200 and I-95 ETLs).
Keep these services at your fingertips by bookmarking ezpassmd.com on your mobile devices. Stop waiting and start saving with E-ZPass Maryland!