The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, Feb. 13 at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and student and staff recognition starts at 4:30 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12 and is rebroadcast throughout the week.
Board meetings are also streamed live on the school system website at www.ccboe.com. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, North Point High School
Recognition of 2018 Legislative Pages
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
- Student Board Member update
- Synergy/online scheduling
- Infants and Toddlers Program at the F.B. Gwynn Educational Center
- Facilities study progress
- Project status update
- Work session review
- Fine and performing arts funding
- Teachers’ Grant Challenge
- Legislative update
- Results of environmental scan
- “Playing with Fire” video
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Charles County Arts Alliance presentation
- La Plata Rotary Club
- Resolutions: Read Across Charles County; Women’s History Month; Fine and Performing Arts Month; Black History Month; Career and Technical Education Month; and Gifted and Talented Education Month.
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- FY2019 proposed operating budget
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,900 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial M. Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.