Leonardtown, MD– St. Mary’s County is currently under a winter storm warning. Weather forecasts are calling for 4 to 8 inches of snow to impact the county between6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Due to potential storm impacts, the following delays and schedule changes are in effect for March 21:
- All St. Mary’s County Administrative Offices will open at10 a.m.Essential personnel are to report at their normal time. Liberal leave will be in effect for all other employees.
- Recreationand Parks facilities will open at10 a.m.Activities scheduled to take place in St. Mary’s County Public Schools may or may not take place depending on the status of the public schools.St. Mary’s County Public Schools have not announced their operating status. Therefore, Before Care programs will operate on a normal schedule at all locations. The Hollywood Recreation Center will remain closed until10 a.m.; however the space will be open for the School Age Care program for normal operating hours. Tiny Tots program is cancelled.
- STS Transit will begin operations at10 a.m.
- The six (6) Convenience Centers and St, Andrews Landfill will open at10 a.m.
- All three Senior Activity Centers (Garvey, Loffler and Northern)will open at10 a.m.However, no meals will be served at the centers and there will be no home delivered meals.
- All St. Mary’s County Library locations (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown & Lexington Park) will open at10 a.m.
- Please note … as weather conditions vary,county operational times are subject to change. Start times for other state and county operated facilities will be determined by at a later time when decisions have been made.