The secretary of theMaryland Department of Natural Resources, in response to the action taken for summer flounder at the February 2018 Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission meeting, pursuant to the Code of Maryland Regulations08.02.05.12F, announces the season, catch limit and minimum size for the summer flounder fishery for April through December 2018. Effective12:01 a.m. April 1, 2018:
- The season is openApril 1-Dec. 31, 2018.
- Recreational anglers may keep up to four summer flounder per person per day.
- The recreational minimum size for summer flounder is 16.5 inches in all Maryland state waters.
- The commercial hook and line minimum size for summer flounder is 16.5 inches in all Maryland state waters.
- The commercial minimum size for summer flounder caught by gear other than hook and line is 14 inches.
- All other rules remain the same.
This replaces the public notice for this fishery that was effective Jan. 1, 2018.