The secretary of theMaryland Department of Natural Resources, pursuant to Code of Maryland
Regulation08.,02.05.17A and Cannounces the season, catch limit, and minimum size for therecreational cobia fishery for 2018. Effective 12:01 a.m. April 6, 2018:
- The season is open June 1 through September 30, 2018. It is closed all other dates.
- Recreational anglers may keep:
– 1 cobia per person per day; or
– Up to 3 cobia per vessel per day if there are 3 or more individuals on the vessel.
- The recreational minimum size for cobia is 40 inches total length.
Image via Chesapeake Bay Program