The secretary of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, pursuant to Code of Maryland
Regulation 08.,02.05.17A and C announces the season, catch limit, and minimum size for the recreational cobia fishery for 2018. Effective 12:01 a.m. April 6, 2018:
- The season is open June 1 through September 30, 2018. It is closed all other dates.
- Recreational anglers may keep:
– 1 cobia per person per day; or
– Up to 3 cobia per vessel per day if there are 3 or more individuals on the vessel.
- The recreational minimum size for cobia is 40 inches total length.
Image via Chesapeake Bay Program