Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
The secretary of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, pursuant to Code of Maryland
Regulation 08.,02.05.17A and C announces the season, catch limit, and minimum size for the recreational cobia fishery for 2018. Effective 12:01 a.m. April 6, 2018:
- The season is open June 1 through September 30, 2018. It is closed all other dates.
- Recreational anglers may keep:
– 1 cobia per person per day; or
– Up to 3 cobia per vessel per day if there are 3 or more individuals on the vessel.
- The recreational minimum size for cobia is 40 inches total length.
Image via Chesapeake Bay Program