Leonardtown, MD – If you’ve ever wondered how you can play a more active role in your community … your opportunity has arrived!
The Commissioners of St. Mary’s County is seeking citizens interested in volunteering their time by serving on various Boards, Committees and Commissions. Detailed descriptions of the various boards and membership application are available on the county’s website at http://www.co.saintmarys.md.us/voluntr/.
All applications must include a resume and be submitted no later than Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
Opportunities are available on the following Boards, Commissions and Committees:
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Board of Trustees Museum Division, Department of Recreation & Parks
- Commission for Women
- Commission on Aging
- Commission on the Environment
- Ethics Commission
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Human Relations Commission
- Social Service Board
- Transportation Advisory Committee
- Wicomico Shores Golf Course Advisory Board
- Vacancies on the following Boards and Commissions have special requirements:
- Board of Appeals – Knowledge of Planning, Growth and Development a plus
- Economic Development Commission – Community Leader/Private Individual
- Metropolitan Commission – Must be a 3rd District resident
Interested citizens can download an application from the county’s website or contact Diane Gleissner at 301-475-4200, ext. *1700 for more information.