Here is your list of important meetings and events taking place this week:
- Commissioners of St. Mary’s County begin their day with a joint meeting with the Commanding Officer aboard NAS Patuxent River at 9 a.m. The meeting will focus on encroachment mitigation and prevention. They return to Leonardtown for their weekly business meeting which will begin at 11 a.m. in their meeting room. Commissioners will host a Public Forum at 6:30 p.m. View the full agenda athttp://ow.ly/x5cO30jmFWi
- St. Mary’s County Alcohol Beverage Board meets at 1 p.m. in Leonardtown. View the agenda athttp://ow.ly/WHB130jl36p
- St. Mary’s County Board of Appeals holds its monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. in Leonardtown. View the agenda athttp://ow.ly/XYmg30jl3bp
- 23rd Annual Run and Fun Walk for Hospice in Leonardtown. 5K run, 10K run and Fun Walk. Races begin at 8:30 a.m. Event information athttp://ow.ly/fTBz30jl2vm
- Commissioners will hold budget hearings on April 16 and 17.
- On April 16, hearings will be held for proposed Fire and Rescue tax increase in Election Districts 2 and 9 as well as a hearing on a proposed Rescue tax increase in Election District 8. The hearing will be held in their meeting room in Leonardtown at 6:30 p.m.
- On April 17 the FY2019 Budget Hearing will be held at Great Mills High School beginning at 6:30 p.m.