Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
Frostburg, Md. –The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s tennis team snapped a two-match slide on Saturday. St. Mary’s (5-7, 2-3 CAC) defeated the Bobcats of Frostburg State University (2-9, 0-5 CAC), 9-0, for a key Capital Athletic Conference win. This is the Seahawks’ third shutout win of the season.
St. Mary’s 9, Frostburg State 0
How It Happened
- SophomoresJon Gorel(Jessup, Md./Hammond) andEthan Garren(Arnold, Md./Broadneck) started the match off by defeatingShasta BraithwaiteandGeoffrey Goldring, 8-2, at No. 1 doubles.
- Senior captainsKyle Van Winter(Scaggsville, Md./Good Counsel) andConnor McKissick(Leonardtown, Md./Leonardtown) finished up their road trip with an 8-2 win overNate FarlowandChad O’Nealat No. 2 doubles.
- JuniorJacob Bartholow(Walkersville, Md./Walkersville) and sophomoreRon Stith(Cheltenham, Md./Lackey) also contributed a win by defeatingJoey CoxandJeremy Thompson, 8-4.
- Gorel,Garren,Stith,McKissick,Van Winter, andBartholowwon their singles matches to help sweep the Bobcats. In total, St. Mary’s would only drop 10 games over the six singles matches.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 14 at No. 14 University of Mary Washington (15-3, 6-0 CAC) – Fredericksburg, Va. – CAC match – 3:30 p.m.
By Justin Gordon ·firstname.lastname@example.org