Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
York, Pa. –The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s lacrosse team lost their second straight game Wednesday afternoon as the Seahawks (4-10, 1-4 CAC) fell 17-3 to No. 2 York College of Pennsylvania (12-1, 4-0 CAC) in Capital Athletic Conference action.
How It Happened
- York fired off 17 unanswered goals in building a 17-0 advantage after three quarters of action.
- The Seahawks avoided the shutout in the fourth period when attackersKyle Hurley(Towson, Md./Loch Raven),Max Groen(New Haven, Conn./Choate Rosemary Hall), andRay LaPlaca(Owings, Md./Calverton) all found the back of the net.
Inside the Box Score
- Groenpaced St. Mary’s with a goal and an assist whileLaPlacanotched his team-leading 20th goal of the season. In addition,Hurleytallied his first collegiate goal.
- Senior captainConner Campbell(Berwyn, Pa./Conestoga) collected three ground balls and two caused turnovers while junior goalieRoss Snodderly(Reisterstown, Md./Franklin) made nine saves in 54:22.
- Thomas Pfeifferposted three goals and two assists to lead all scorers whileBilly Sassowon 9-of-13 at the X with five ground balls.Landry Marshall(4 saves) andJacob Laubner(3 saves) split equal time in goal to help the Spartans claim their eighth win in a row.
- Shots:St. Mary’s 18, York 42
- Ground Balls:St. Mary’s 28, York 39
- Face-Off Wins:St. Mary’s 7, York 16
- Extra-Man Opportunities:St. Mary’s 1-1, York 0-2
- Saves:St. Mary’s 9, York 7
- Caused Turnovers:St. Mary’s 6, York 7
- Turnovers:St. Mary’s 17, York 9
- Penalties:St. Mary’s 2 for 1:00, York 1 for 1:00
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 14 at Frostburg State University (8-6, 3-2 CAC) – Frostburg, Md. – CAC game – 1:00 p.m.
By Nairem Moran ·email@example.com