York, Pa. –The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s lacrosse team lost their second straight game Wednesday afternoon as the Seahawks (4-10, 1-4 CAC) fell 17-3 to No. 2 York College of Pennsylvania (12-1, 4-0 CAC) in Capital Athletic Conference action.
How It Happened
- York fired off 17 unanswered goals in building a 17-0 advantage after three quarters of action.
- The Seahawks avoided the shutout in the fourth period when attackersKyle Hurley(Towson, Md./Loch Raven),Max Groen(New Haven, Conn./Choate Rosemary Hall), andRay LaPlaca(Owings, Md./Calverton) all found the back of the net.
Inside the Box Score
- Groenpaced St. Mary’s with a goal and an assist whileLaPlacanotched his team-leading 20th goal of the season. In addition,Hurleytallied his first collegiate goal.
- Senior captainConner Campbell(Berwyn, Pa./Conestoga) collected three ground balls and two caused turnovers while junior goalieRoss Snodderly(Reisterstown, Md./Franklin) made nine saves in 54:22.
- Thomas Pfeifferposted three goals and two assists to lead all scorers whileBilly Sassowon 9-of-13 at the X with five ground balls.Landry Marshall(4 saves) andJacob Laubner(3 saves) split equal time in goal to help the Spartans claim their eighth win in a row.
- Shots:St. Mary’s 18, York 42
- Ground Balls:St. Mary’s 28, York 39
- Face-Off Wins:St. Mary’s 7, York 16
- Extra-Man Opportunities:St. Mary’s 1-1, York 0-2
- Saves:St. Mary’s 9, York 7
- Caused Turnovers:St. Mary’s 6, York 7
- Turnovers:St. Mary’s 17, York 9
- Penalties:St. Mary’s 2 for 1:00, York 1 for 1:00
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 14 at Frostburg State University (8-6, 3-2 CAC) – Frostburg, Md. – CAC game – 1:00 p.m.
By Nairem Moran ·firstname.lastname@example.org