St. Mary’s City, Md. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s lacrosse team saw their two-game win streak halted Wednesday afternoon as the Seahawks (6-7, 2-3 CAC) dropped a 22-12 Capital Athletic Conference decision to No. 7 York College of Pennsylvania (8-3, 3-1 CAC).
How It Happened
- The two teams alternated the first four goals of the game before York rattled off eight straight to break a 2-2 draw and boast a 10-2 lead at 17:46. Sophomore midfielder Kate Bartholomew (Galena, Md./Kent County) would stop the Spartan run with an unassisted goal 30 seconds later.
- After YCP notched the next two goals, St. Mary’s posted a 3-1 run to end the half and close the gap to 13-6 at halftime.
- Junior attacker Ali Collie (Glen Arm, Md./Dulaney) notched the first goal of the second half before York used a 4-1 run to establish a 17-8 advantage at 24:03. The Seahawks responded with a 3-1 push to pull within seven.
- The Spartans sealed the win with four unanswered goals, including three in a one-minute span.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior attacker Lacey Brown (Monkton, Md./Hereford) paced the Seahawks with three goals while Collie finished with two goals and an assist.
- Bartholomew led St. Mary’s in the middle with four draw controls and two goals.
- Junior goalie Emma Brown (Warwick, N.Y./Warwick Valley) made 11 saves and scooped up two ground balls in 45:15 minutes.
- Devin Hursey led all scorers with 11 points on two goals and nine assists while Regan Cook contributed six goals and three helpers in York’s fourth straight win. Charlotte Wright finished with seven stops and three ground balls in 44:44 minutes.
- Shots: St. Mary’s 28, York 37
- Ground Balls: St. Mary’s 13, York 22
- Draw Controls: St. Mary’s 11, York 24
- Free-Position Shots: St. Mary’s 6-8, York 1-3
- Saves: St. Mary’s 12, York 8
- Caused Turnovers: St. Mary’s 4, York 7
- Turnovers: St. Mary’s 14, York 15
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 14 vs. Frostburg State University (5-7-1, 2-3 CAC) – Seahawk Stadium – CAC game – Senior Day – 1:00 p.m.
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmwlax
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMWLAX
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
By Nairem Moran · email@example.com