PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – April 12, 2018 –Prevent unused and expired prescription medications from being misused by turning them in at a no-questions-asked event sponsored by the Calvert Alliance Against Substance Abuse, Inc. (CAASA).
Residents are urged to properly dispose of unused prescriptionsSaturday, April 28 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.Prescription medications may be dropped off at the following locations:
- Calvert County Sheriff’s Office, 30 Church St., Prince Frederick
- Maryland State Police, Barrack U, 210 Main St., Prince Frederick
- Mt. Hope Community Center, 104 Pushaw Station Road, Sunderland
- Northeast Community Center, 4075 Gordon Stinnett Ave., Chesapeake Beach
- Southern Community Center, 20 Appeal Lane, Lusby
“Study after study has shown that prescription drug abuse is a gateway to heroin and opioid addiction,” said CAASA Director Candice D’Agostino. “We have to attack our drug crisis from every angle and help prevent drug abuse from beginning in our own homes.”
For information about this event, call the Calvert Alliance Against Substance Abuse, Inc. at 410-535-3733. For additional information on Calvert County Government, visitwww.co.cal.md.usor like us onFacebook.