Fredericksburg, Va. –The St. Mary’s College of Maryland men’s tennis team wrapped up Capital Athletic Conference play on Sunday morning. St. Mary’s (5-9, 2-5 CAC) tallied a 9-0 loss at the hands of No. 36 Christopher Newport University (12-8, 6-1 CAC) in the final CAC match of 2018.
St. Mary’s 0, Christopher Newport 9
How It Happened
- SophomoresJon Gorel(Jessup, Md./Hammond) andEthan Garren(Arnold, Md./Broadneck) took four games from CNU’sJustin CernyandJames Baronat No. 1 doubles but unfortunately fell 8-4.
- SophomoreRon Stith(Cheltenham, Md./Lackey) and senior captainConnor McKissick(Leonardtown, Md./Leonardtown) also fought hard and won two games againstWilliam TrangandAndy Masonat No. 2 doubles but lost 8-2.
- Garrenprovided the tightest singles match as he captured six games at No. 2 singles before dropping a 6-4, 6-2 decision toMason.
- McKissickalso had a strong match, claiming five games fromNicholas Ruzickaat No. 4 singles in a 6-1, 6-4 loss.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 19 at Stevenson University (9-5) – Owings Mills, Md. – Season Finale – 2:00 p.m.
By Justin Gordon ·email@example.com