St. Mary’s City, Md. –SophomoreKate Bartholomew(Galena, Md./Kent County) was named the St. Mary’s College of Maryland Athlete of the Month for April. This isBartholomew’sfirst Athlete of the Month award. The Athlete of the Month awardee is selected by the Department of Athletics & Recreation management team.
The 5-9 midfielder helped the Seahawk women’s lacrosse team to a 4-3 (4-2 CAC) record during the month of April. She led the team with 21 points, 19 goals, and 16 draw controls plus two game-winning goals.Bartholomewtallied at least one point in all seven games.
She notched a career-best five goals in a 20-4 win over Southern Virginia University on Apr. 6 while picking up a career-high five points against Southern Virginia and in an 18-5 victory at Wesley College on Apr. 18.Bartholomewscored the game-winning goals in a 19-5 triumph over Frostburg State University on Apr. 14 and at Wesley.
She is currently enjoying an 11-game goal-scoring streak in addition to a 17-game point streak asBartholomewhas posted at least one point in every game this season.
The Seahawks (8-9, 4-4 CAC) will be in action tomorrow, Saturday, April 28 as the fifth seed in the 2018 Capital Athletic Conference Women’s Lacrosse Championship Tournament. St. Mary’s will face No. 4 seed Christopher Newport University down in Newport News, Va., at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow.
APRIL ATHLETE OF THE MONTH HONOR ROLL
- BASEBALL:Jay Hammett, RSo., 1B, Coltons Point, Md./Chopticon
- MEN’S LACROSSE:Conner Campbell, Sr., LSM, Berwyn, Pa./Conestoga
- WOMEN’S TENNIS:Melissa Barall, Sr., Columbia, Md./Wilde Lake
PAST ATHLETES OF THE MONTH
- SEPTEMBER– Zack Haussler, Men’s Soccer, Sr., GK, Woodbine, Md./Glenelg
- OCTOBER– Juwan Kearson, Men’s Soccer, Jr., M, Baltimore, Md./St. Paul’s School
- NOVEMBER –Spencer Schultz, Men’s Basketball, So., F, Clear Spring, Md./Clear Spring
- DECEMBER –Andrew Scott, Men’s Swimming, Fy., California, Md./Leonardtown
- JANUARY –Olivia Nowlin, Women’s Basketball, Sr., G, Glenelg, Md./Glenelg
- FEBRUARY –Andrew Scott, Men’s Swimming, Fy., California, Md./Leonardtown
- MARCH –Ali Collie, Women’s Lacrosse, Jr., A, Glen Arm, Md./Dulaney
- APRIL –Kate Bartholomew, Women’s Lacrosse, So., M, Galena, Md./Kent County
By Nairem Moran ·email@example.com