Leonardtown, MD – Torrential rains which has fallen in St. Mary’s County since Thursday morning have caused a number of roads to either be closed or blocked by flood waters.
At this time the following roadways have been impacted by the rains:
Bushwood Road near Kayla’s Lane is closed due to flooding
- Newtowne Neck Road, between Bay Brez Land and Merchants Lane is closed (adjacent to the Port of Leonardtown Winery)
Medley’s neck Road, between Abell Creek Land and Bogies Lane is closed Hurry Road between Beavan Lane and Zach Fowler Road is closed Friendship School Road between Maypole Road and Parsons Mill Road is closed Montfort Road to Dead End is closed
- Between Hurry Road and Budds Creek Road is closed-
Mechanicsville Road between Yowaski Mill Road and Harrow Hills Court is closed Westbound traffic at Budds Creek Rd and Marion Ct in Chaptico is blocked (downed tree) Maddox Rd and Hurry Ln 43000 Block of Drum Cliff Rd (partial road failure) Baptist Church Road, between George F Drive and John Wayne Court Drum Cliff Road between Bugbee Lane and Raspberry Lane-Re-opened
- PILKERTON , BETWEEN ALL FAITH CHURCH RD AND DEAD END
The following roadways and intersections are currently open and passable:
- Medley’s neck Rd at Abell Creek Ln
- Bayside Rd at Big Chestnut
- St. Andrews Church Rd at FDR Blvd
- Advisory: TRAFFIC ALERT: high water reported on Flat Iron Road in area of Flat Iron Farm USE CAUTION
Drivers are urged to ‘Turn Around Don’t Drown’ and avoid traveling on these roadways until the flooding has receded.
Stay up to date by visiting the St. Mary’s County Government website at www.stmarysmd.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter for official storm updates and information.
Newport Church Rd between Stines Store Rd and Bowling Rd and also Stines Store Rd are closed due to flooding conditions. Please use caution in the area.