The St. Mary’s County Board of Elections has released an update regarding the Democratic Contest for Governor and Lt. Governor.
The following candidates for Governor and Lt. Governor will appear on Democratic ballots for the 2018 Primary Election:
- Rushern L. Baker, III and Elizabeth Embry
- Ralph Jaffe and Freda Jaffe
- Ben Jealous and Susan Turnbull
- James Hughes Jones, II and Charles S. Waters
- Kevin Kamenetz and Valerie Ervin*
- Rich Madaleno and Luwanda Jenkins
- Alec Ross and Julie C. Verratti
- Jim Shea and Brandon M. Scott
- Krish O’Mara Vignarajah and Sharon Y. Blake
* On May 10, 2018, Kevin Kamenetz, a candidate for Governor for the Democratic Party, died. The former candidacy of Kevin Kamenetz and Valerie Ervin has been replaced by the candidacy of Valerie Ervin and Marisol Johnson.
If you wish to vote for Valerie Ervin and Marisol Johnson, mark your ballot for Kevin Kamenetz and Valerie Ervin. All votes cast for Kevin Kamenetz and Valerie Ervin will be counted as votes for Valerie Ervin and Marisol Johnson.