Leonardtown, MD –What are your plans for retirement? Do you know how to access Medicare, Medicaid or other programs and services? Are you seeking volunteer opportunities within theSt. Mary’s County community? Find everything and more at the Department of Aging & Human Services’ Keys to Independence workshop series! Aging and Human Services will work with participants to develop a sense of empowerment and self-efficacy to better prepare for the future.
The three class series will be held at the College of Southern Maryland, Leonardtown Campus, on Tuesdays, August 7, 14, and 21, from 6 – 8 p.m. Topics covered will include:
- An introduction to the Senior Activity Centers
- Information for those caring for an aging loved one
- Volunteer Opportunities in the community
- Accessing Medicare and Medicaid
- Teen Court, WARM and Project Graduation
The workshop series is free, however registration is required. Contact Community Programs & Outreach Manager Sarah Miller at 301-475-4200, ext. *1073, or email her email@example.com sign up.