LEONARDTOWN, MD (August 13, 2018) – The Healthy St. Mary’s Partnership (HSMP) will host their 4th Annual Meeting on September 13, 2018 from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the Southern Maryland Higher Education Center in California, Maryland.
All community members are invited to attend this free event to learn more about the health needs facing our residents and our local response efforts. For more information or to register, please visit: www.hsmpannual2018.eventbrite.com
The 2018 HSMP Annual Meeting program will include several distinguished speakers on a range of topics related to local health improvement efforts, including:
- the social, psychological, and health implications of digital technologies;
- medical cannabis in Maryland;
- harm reduction and the opioid crisis;
- the Sugar Free Kids initiative;
- using communications and social media to engage youth;
- and community action to address local health needs.
“The Annual Meeting is a chance for HSMP partners and community members to network, learn from public health experts on important topics and receive updates on local health improvement efforts,” said Dr. Meena Brewster, St. Mary’s County Health Officer and HSMP Co-Chair.
For more information on speakers, session topics, CEUs or the Healthy St. Mary’s Partnership, please visit: www.healthystmarys.com/hsmpannual2018/.