Effective on Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018, the Department of Public Works motor oil and antifreeze drop-off site, located at 10420 Audie Lane in La Plata, will be closed for construction until Spring 2019. Residents may utilize the following sites to drop off motor oil and antifreeze:
- Breeze Farm Recycling Center (15950 Cobb Island Road, Cobb Island)
- Charles County Landfill Recycling Center (12305 Billingsley Road, Waldorf)
- Gilbert Run Park Recycling Center (13140 Charles Street, Charlotte Hall)
- Pinefield Subdivision (12705 Country Lane, Waldorf)
- Pisgah Recycling Center (6645 Mason Springs Road, Pisgah)
- Ruth B. Swann Memorial Park (3100 Ruth B. Swann Drive, Bryans Road)
The Charles County Landfill Recycling Center and Pisgah Recycling Center are only available for drop-off during operating hours from Monday to Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For additional details on recycling in Charles County, www.CharlesCountyMD.gov/pw/recycling/recycling-centers. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.